Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm Alive

Sorry I haven't been updating. I don't have internet readily available. These past couple weeks I've moved out to my site. It's a town called Askenish in the Parish of Hanover. I live on the side of a mountain in a very rural community. It's so pretty and I love hanging out there. I will be working throughout the Parish to solve some of the water problems they have. We can talk about that more later, but for now I'm just hanging out and getting to know the people in my community. I've also been traveling around a bit to see the country. Traveling is an adventure in itself. To get into town I have to ride about 10 miles down the hill in a "taxi". The term taxi is used loosely and usually there is no taxi and I end up riding in the back of a truck with some goats. It's awesome.
I love living in the bush and I'll post some pictures soon. "Soon Come" is the Jamaican saying for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment